Thursday, May 2, 2013

Padlet and Lino - Web Based Bulletin Boards

My week of practicing what I learned at TLA continues!

One site that I heard about in many sessions was Padlet. (Padlet used to be called Wallwisher.) I tried it out today by creating a bulletin board about three of my favorite narrative nonfiction picture books about strong women. This site is so user friendly and visually appealing. Elements are easy to add, easy to move, and offer several interactive options. The wall/bulletin board can also be shared so that group members can add their own posts, votes, thoughts, etc. Users are also given a QR code for their wall that can be shared. Padlet would be great for showing what they know, voting, discussing, and it's just a fun way to share learning.




Padlet reminds me a lot of Lino. I created a Lino board last year about Wonder by Palacio. Again, this has the option for sharing with a group so that others can contribute, but it does not want to work well with Blogger, so I've had trouble sharing it here. Lino is  very user friendly, and could be used for the same types of activities as Padlet. And it's just plain fun to use colored "sticky notes" on the computer screen!

There are other web based wall/BB tools available. I found this list that seems to have several options (and several things in the list that don't really apply, of course. An example of why we have to think critically when we Google and find info on the Internet! Great teaching opportunity.).

http://www.teachersfirst.com/content/edge.cfm?sort=recent&page=1&c=19

No comments:

Post a Comment