Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen



The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
2013 Lone Star Reading List
Which readers? 4th grade and up
My Goodreads rating - 5 Stars

Young Sage is an orphan with a history of thievery and deception who is used to living by his wits when necessary. When he is suddenly forced into a game with three other orphans where he must choose to lie and impersonate a prince or he will die, he has to learn to play the game to his advantage at every possible turn. Not everyone is as they seem, and even the game is not exactly as he has been told.

From the first page, this book grabbed my attention as the plot raced ahead. This book has it all - a tight storyline, friendship, secrets, villains, camaraderie, and even a tiny bit of romance. The ending is absolutely astounding....and that is all I can say without giving a spoiler. I highly recommended this to my fourth grader, and I think kids all the way through middle school will enjoy it.

-------------------------------------------

I've now read 6 out of the twenty books on the Lone Star list. (Wonder, Cinder, Steve Jobs bio, The Lions of Little Rock, Almost Home, and The False Prince) I'm currently listening to Curveball when I run, and finishing up Shadow and Bone. Reviews to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment